APPLY TO HWS AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
At Hobart and William Smith, our community is diverse and accepting. More than 29 countries are represented among our student body, and between our students, faculty and staff members, we speak more than 50 languages!
Below are a list of the items required for a complete application to Hobart and William Smith. You can download and print our checklist to help you keep track as you complete each item.
- Application Instructions
- Common Application
- Official transcript and School Report from each secondary and post-secondary institution you have attended. If these documents are not in English, please provide a certified translation.
- Teacher Evaluations from two different teachers in major academic subjects (tenth, eleventh or twelfth grade)
- Mid-Year Report
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (Required if English is not your first language. Applicants that are graduating from a high school in the United States and have had an interview with an HWS admissions representative are exempt from submitting TOEFL or IELTS scores.)
- Standardized testing scores (optional)
- Early Decision Form (optional)
- Scholarship Application (Optional. Competitive international scholarship applicants will be individually contacted by a member of the Office of Admissions to set up an interview.)
- Certification of Finances (Once completed, please email to email@example.com, fax to (315) 781-3914 or mail to Office of Admissions, 629 S. Main St, Geneva, NY 14456)
If you are applying for financial aid, please submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE by November 15 for Early Decision I, January 15 for Early Decision II, and February 1 for all other applications. Students with questions or concerns should contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 781-3315.
Michelle Poulin ’15
Assistant Director of Admissions
Assistant Vice President for On and Off Campus Engagement
Office of Financial Aid