Reunion supports the Colleges’ environmental sustainability program. For this year’s registration and events, we are proud to continue our commitment to sustainability.
Environmental sustainability is a core value at HWS. With a unique program that allows our students and faculty to use the physical campus as a laboratory to explore environmental impact mitigation strategies, the HWS Sustainability Program enables and encourages students to link classroom learning to real world application; that plays a direct role in the environmental performance of the Colleges. And, with a campus situated in a unique setting on the edge of a small city, a few blocks from vast agricultural lands and on the shores of one of the deepest lakes in the United States, the applied sustainability opportunities are endless and act as micro-examples of issues beyond the Colleges, City of Geneva and upstate region providing a global element essential to addressing the complex environmental issues of the 21st century.
- Email – the primary method for marketing Reunion 2014, reducing the amount of paper used
- Registration Booklet – reduced in size with more information included on the website for your review
- Local Produce & Products - all are included in each meal
- Water Bottle Filling Stations – will be provided around campus in place of one time use, disposable water bottles
- Recycling Presence – throughout campus and tents
- Van Service – providing service to and from Geneva so that there are less cars on the roads
- Dining Services - when china service not available, Saga uses biodegradable plates, utensils, cups and napkins. Saga also reuses oils to fuel vehicles in the form of Biodiesel.
50th Reunion Echo and Pine
Classes of 1966: Take part in a 50th Reunion tradition by sharing your reflections with your classmates and commemorating this milestone year. Fill out the online form here.
Click here to download the 50th Reunion Echo and Pine form as a PDF.