Reunion supports the Colleges’ environmental sustainability program. For this year’s registration and events, we are proud to continue our commitment to sustainability.
Environmental sustainability is a core value at HWS. With a unique program that allows our students and faculty to use the physical campus as a laboratory to explore environmental impact mitigation strategies, the HWS Sustainability Program enables and encourages students to link classroom learning to real world application; that plays a direct role in the environmental performance of the Colleges. And, with a campus situated in a unique setting on the edge of a small city, a few blocks from vast agricultural lands and on the shores of one of the deepest lakes in the United States, the applied sustainability opportunities are endless and act as micro-examples of issues beyond the Colleges, City of Geneva and upstate region providing a global element essential to addressing the complex environmental issues of the 21st century.
- Email – the primary method for marketing Reunion 2014, reducing the amount of paper used
- Registration Booklet – reduced in size with more information included on the website for your review
- Local Produce & Products - all are included in each meal
- Water Bottle Filling Stations – will be provided around campus in place of one time use, disposable water bottles
- Recycling Presence – throughout campus and tents
- Van Service – providing service to and from Geneva so that there are less cars on the roads
- Dining Services - when china service not available, Saga uses biodegradable plates, utensils, cups and napkins. Saga also reuses oils to fuel vehicles in the form of Biodiesel.