2017 Temporary, Summer and Maymester Housing information
Students in need of temporary housing should complete the temporary housing request beginning Saturday, April 1st via myResEd.
Any summer student should complete a summer housing application beginning Wednesday, March 1 at 12noon via myResEd.
Maymester only students should select “Maymester” on the summer housing application.
Temporary housing is a bridge between spring 2017 housing and summer housing assignments. Any students (except seniors and residential education staff) residing on-campus between Wednesday, May 10th, and Friday, May 19th, are required to reside in temporary housing in order to ensure proper inspection and cleaning of the Colleges’ properties.
- Temporary housing requests will be available beginning on April 1 on myResEd
- Temporary housing locations are: Jackson 1st and 2nd floors, Potter 1st and 2nd floor, Rees 1st and 2nd floor, or Comstock Pond View.
- Temporary housing begins at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, May 10th and ends at noon on Saturday, May 20th.
- All students, except RAs and graduating seniors, approved for temporary housing and/or summer housing with current spring residence in Hale Hall, Geneva Hall, Hirshson House or Miller House will be required to move from current spring residence to temporary housing on Wednesday, May 10th between the hours of 5:00 pm and 11 pm.
- All students living in Sill House will be required to fully vacate from Sill House by 7 pm on Wednesday, May 10th to temporary housing.
- All students, except RAs, Maymester students and graduating seniors, approved for temporary housing and/or summer housing from May 10th to May 20th at noon with current spring residence not located in Hale Hall, Geneva Hall, Hirshson House, Miller House or Sill House will be required to move to temporary housing by 5:00 pm on Monday, May 15th.
- If a student has fully vacated current spring residence prior to 5:00 pm on Wednesday, May 10th, and is returning to stay on campus between the period of May 10th at 5:00 pm through May 19th at 9:00 am, the student will be assigned a temporary housing assignment and the keys will be available for pick up through Residential Education.
- RAs and graduating seniors requesting to stay at any point in time between the period of Monday, May 15th beginning at noon through Saturday, May 20th ending by noon are required to sign up for temporary housing through myResEd.
- Residential Education is managing the temporary housing assignments. Students will be notified by Residential Education of the temporary housing assignment.
- To ensure residential spaces are properly prepared for summer, storage of items in residential properties is not permitted. A listing of local storage facilities is available here.
- Summer housing applications will be available beginning March 1st on myResEd.
- Summer housing begins on Friday, May 19th at 9:00 am.
- Summer housing ends on Friday, August 4th at 5:00 pm, anyone staying beyond August 4th will need to apply for early arrival housing on myResEd. Early arrival requests are available July 1.
- Summer housing rate is $85.00 per week (unless the student is residing on-campus for one week or less).
- Summer housing room assignments are managed by Conferences and Events Office. Students will be notified of summer housing assignment via e-mail.
- If a student is approved to remain in current spring residence for summer, then a door sign will be placed on the door by the Conferences and Events Office.
- Summer housing applications will be available beginning March 1st on myResEd. Maymester only students should select “Maymester” on the application.
- Maymester Housing Location: Hale Hall
- Maymester is one fee billed to the student’s account and includes a meal plan.
- Maymester housing begins on Monday, May 15th at noon.
- Maymester housing ends on Thursday, June 8th at noon.
- Residential Education is managing Maymester housing room assignments. Students will self-select housing through May 1st. Any applicant who submits a summer housing application after May 1st will receive directions within 24 business hours to select a room.
Key pick-up and drop-off
- Residential Education Office is the location for key pick-up and key drop off for all academic year, temporary, Maymester, and summer housing.
Please contact the Residential Education Office at x3880 if you have any questions or concerns.