Each year, the Colleges host a Benefits Open Enrollment during which employees may change or enhance their benefits package to suit their needs for the coming year.
This year's annual Open Enrollment period is scheduled November 6 through December 7, 2012.
If you wish to enroll in, change, or enhance your present benefits coverage, you must do so during this time period. Should you fail to make a change during this period, changes during the year can be made only in the event of a qualifying change in life status. Otherwise, you will be required to wait until the next Open Enrollment period to make changes.
Please review your current benefits plan in order to determine whether it still meets your requirements (we can provide you with a complete list of your benefits upon request). Also, please note that by law, certain benefits require new enrollment each year, including flexible spending accounts and the medical insurance opt-out program.
A listing of the specific plans in which you can enroll or make changes are as follows:
1) Medical Insurance Programs offered through Aetna
Aetna provides three programs to choose from:
a) Open Access Elect Choice (In-Network coverage only)
b) Open Access Managed Choice (In- and Out-of-Network coverage)
c) Aetna Health Fund HSA-OAMC (Health Savings Account and High Deductible Plan with In- and Out-of-Network coverage)
2013 Medical Bi-Weekly Payroll Deduction Rates
2) Guardian Dental Insurance - Enrollment is required for all who wish to enroll if you not already enrolled or if you want to make a change or terminate your plan.
3) Guardian Vision Insurance
4) Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care Expenses - Enrollment Form
5) Supplement Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage through Prudential: Please contact the Office of Human Resources at ext. 3312 for information on new enrollments or for current participants who wish to enhance their current coverages.
DEADLINE FOR CHANGES PLEASE NOTE THAT HUMAN RESOURCES WILL NOT HONOR ANY CHANGES SUBMITTED AFTER THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON FRIDAY, December 7th. IF YOU DO NOT ELECT ANY CHANGES, YOUR CURRENT BENEFIT ELECTIONS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FLEX SPENDING AND MEDICAL OPT-OUT WHICH WILL CEASE DECEMBER 31, 2012.
If you have questions regarding benefits elligibility, please contact Human Resources at ext. 3312.