Institutional Research and Planning
The Office of Institutional Research is under the direction of the Associate Dean of Institutional Research and reports directly to the Provost and Academic Dean of the Colleges.
The mission of the Office of Institutional Research at Hobart and William Smith Colleges is to provide administrators, faculty and students with meaningful services and information for data driven decision making that assist in fulfilling the stated mission and strategic goals of the Colleges.
The role of the office will be to collect, interpret, analyze and disseminate information in a timely, ethical and efficient manner in providing the following services:
- To meet mandated reporting requirements
- To support administrative decision-making and policy formation
- To meet accreditation requirements
- To support institutional assessment
- To assist institutional planning
- Accountable in safeguarding institutional data
- Collegial in all working relationships
- Will meet all reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Use of data will be guided by principles’ of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Will ensure data provided is relevant to the particular request
- Will stay current with technology and issues relevant to IR and higher education
We are pleased to provide data support for the HWS community. Your comments and suggestions are welcome.