What is Math 888 / Chem 888?

Math 888 and Chem 888 are not courses. They let the Registrar and your adviser know that you took and passed either the mathematics or chemistry test and are eligible for an upper-level math or science course.

How do I get transfer credits for AP or college courses?

Transfer credits are decided on a case-by-case basis with your First-Year Dean. If you took a college course or received a 4 or 5 on an AP exam, contact Dean Lisa Kaenzig at (315) 781-3467 or Dean David Mapstone at (315) 781-3300.

How will I get textbooks? Should I rent or buy them?

More information about textbooks will be available on the College Store website in August. Visit the textbook homepage to learn more about the College Store policies for buying, renting and returning textbooks.

When will I get to meet with my academic adviser?

Your academic adviser is, typically, your First-Year Seminar professor. He or she will e-mail you within the next couple of weeks. Additionally, you’ll meet face-to-face during Orientation Weekend and have an opportunity to talk about the upcoming semester and resolve any concerns about your course schedule.

Can I change my classes?

It is not possible to change your First-Year Seminar, but it may be possible (though difficult) to change your other three courses. Once you’ve heard from your adviser via e-mail, you should feel free to contact him or her with questions. If you are unable to change courses, know that learning about new and varied topics is one of the perks of college. You may discover a hidden talent or new interest, so approach the semester with an open mind.


For information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions section.



If you have a question that isn’t covered here, please contact the appropriate Deans Office: Dean Lisa Kaenzig at (315) 781-3467 or Dean David Mapstone at (315) 781-3300.



Preparing Students to Lead Lives of Consequence.