15 November 2022 • Arts Biggest HWS Club-hosted Event of the Year
This semester, more than 100 students took center stage for the Kinetic Dance Collective’s annual fall showcase.
The Kinetic Dance Collective, an inclusive dance concert for both beginner and experienced dancers, took the stage on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 11 and 12 at the Smith Opera House. This year, more than 100 dancers performed in 17 student-choreographed pieces in a variety of styles, including hip-hop, Bollywood, modern, tap, ballet and more.
- KDC dancers gather for a group photo.
- "Burlesque" choreographed by Katie Platt '23, a Dance and Education Studies major.
- "Deewan-e-Aam" choreographed by Aarushi Agarwal '24, a Mathematics major and Studio Art minor.
- "Buried Noise" choreographed by Hannah Bixby '23, a Sociology and Dance Education major.
- "Mama Mia Medley" choreographed by Alex Kopcak '23, an English and Media & Society major.
- "Ladies...FREAK." choreographed by Jenna Hyman '23, a Chemistry major and Dance minor and Tia Thevenin '23, a Psychological Science and English minor.
- "Dance Party" choreographed by Lucas Amaral '23, a Psychology and Theater major.
- "Are You Ready" choreographed by Stephanie Cox '23, a Dance Education Major and Child Advocacy minor.
- "you should really run away." choreographed by Julia McCormick '23, a Media & Society major and Dance and Theatre minor.
- "Party People" choreographed by Bea Hoffman '23, a Dance, English, and Russian major and Irini Konstantinou '23, an English and Writing & Rhetoric major and Dance minor.
- "Nothing but Power" choreographed by Stephanie Cox '23 and Jenna Hyman '23.
- "Vogue" choreographed by Emily Tang '24, a Media & Society Major and Chemistry minor.
- "Bring the Heat" choreographed by Isabel Daniele '23, a Psychological Science and Dance Movement Studies major, and Taylor Gauthier '24, a Biology and Dance Movement Studies major.
- "Outgoing Mind" choreographed by Ian Harrison '26, a Dance and Theatre major and LGBTQ+ Studies minor.
- "Casual Slay" choreographed by Harper Tanguay '24, a Dance Education and Psychology major and Emma Yeager '24, a Dance Movement Studies major and Biology and Health Professions minor.
- "I'll Be Your Sparkle!" choreographed by Grace Bott '23, an Economics and Asian Studies major and Mathematics minor.
- "Fall On Me" choreographed by Isabel Daniele '23 and Liann Rueegg '23, a Psychological Sciences and Dance Education Major.
- "Winter Wonderland" choreographed by Bea Hoffman '23 and Irini Konstantinou '23.
“The Kinetic Dance Collective showcase is fun-filled with diverse dance styles thanks to each and every dancer, choreographer and stagehand,” said Jenna Hyman ’23, this year’s co-president, prior to the show.
Kinetic Dance Collective's mission as a student-run organization is to encourage students to connect with the campus as well as the Geneva community through the art of dance. The group works to foster an inclusive and creative environment that values communication, teamwork and individual expression.
Formerly known as Koshare, students have hosted an annual dance showcase since 1971. Beginning in 2013, the club has partnered with the Smith Opera House to host their event due to large audience attendance records.